When news happens, text BONEWS and your photos to 80360 or phone 01204 537274
£100k boost for appeal
9:20am Tuesday 27th November 2012 in News
THE campaign to build a new Bury Hospice has received a huge boost with a £100,000 donation.
A Bury couple, who wish to remain anonymous, made the personal donation to the Building A New Hospice For Bury appeal, helping it into its final stages.
The donation was made a few weeks ago but the couple have decided to tell their story in the hope of encouraging others to give what they can afford. They chose to support the new hospice after being impressed with its design and plans to improve end-of-life care in Bury.
Hospice trustees decided earlier this year to bring forward plans for future phases and build the whole hospice development in one go.
The couple said: “Giving money to the hospice is giving money to local people who really do need help whilst living with cancer and other illnesses.
“That is why we chose to financially support the hospice in this way and we are pleased to do so.”
Claire Warner, the hospice’s capital appeal adviser, said: “We were astounded by the donors’ generosity. They have been supporters for a number of years but this gift has really taken us all by surprise.
“As locals, the donors have really taken the spirit of our appeal to heart and we thank them profusely for their gift and also for allowing us to tell their story.
“We still need people to follow their wonderful example and continue to donate. Every gift really does make a difference.”
To make a donation to the hospice, call 0161 797 1748 or go to justgiving.com/together-we-can-make-it-happen. Anyone wishing to find out more about the hospice and ways to support it can call Mrs Warner on 0161 725 9800.
Comments are closed on this article.