When news happens, text BONEWS and your photos to 80360 or phone 01204 537274
Girl taken to hospital with serious burns after gas fire accident
2:37pm Saturday 8th December 2012 in News
A FOUR-YEAR-OLD girl has been taken to hospital with serious burns which she suffered when her clothes set alight after apparently falling into a gas fire.
The girl suffered up to 80 per cent burns when her clothes caught fire in Horne Street, Bury, just before 12.30pm on Saturday.
Firefighters said the they found the girl had suffered serious injuries.
She was then taken to North Manchester General Hospital by paramedics.
Watch commander Alan Topping, from Bury Fire Station, said: "The incident involved a four-year-old girl whose clothes were ignited by an open flame gas fire and she suffered between 60 to 80 per cent burns.
"A police investigation is ongoing."