When news happens, text BONEWS and your photos to 80360 or phone 01204 537274
Fire halts rugby club’s training
6:49pm Thursday 15th August 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to Bury Rugby Club on Tuesday evening after a blaze broke out, destroying the electrics.
Players at the club were training at 9pm and had put the ground’s floodlights on when the fire broke out in the building’s electrical consumer unit.
It is thought that the fire started due to a cable overheating at the Radcliffe Road club.
Firemen used a dry powder to extinguish the flames and managed to stop the fire spreading.
Comments are closed on this article.