When news happens, text BONEWS and your photos to 80360 or phone 01204 537274
Fire breaks out after food left on grill pan
4:38pm Wednesday 16th October 2013 in News
A fire broke out after a man left food on a grill pan in Bury this afternoon.
The man had become distracted and left his food at a house in Powell Street, but managed to turn the cooker off to distinguish the fire.
He shut the kitchen door and phoned the fire brigade, with crews from Bury and Whitefield stations arriving at around 2.30pm.
The man was in the house with his partner, and both did not sustain any serious injuries.
The incident damaged the cooker door, but the man managed to turn the cooker off, which helped to extinguish the fire.
Gary Mamock, Bury Watch Manager said: “He did the right thing by shutting the door and phoning the fire brigade.
“We would advise that people don’t go off and do something else, if you get distracted while cooking it can become dangerous.”
Comments are closed on this article.