When news happens, text BONEWS and your photos to 80360 or phone 01204 537274
Boxing day blaze in bungalow
A BOXING Day bedroom fire damaged the bedroom of a semi-detached home in Newington Drive, Elton, Bury.
A neighbour raised the alarm just before 4.30pm after smelling smoke coming from the dormer bungalow.
Firemen had to break into the property and found the ground floor bedroom on fire and smoke filling the rest of the property.
The cause of the fire, which started on a tray next to the bed, is still being investigated but it is thought it may have been started by an unattended candle.
Attempts were being made yesterday to contact the elderly man who lives in the property. He was not at home at the time of the fire.
Comments are closed on this article.