When news happens, text BONEWS and your photos to 80360 or phone 01204 537274
Arsonists spark Radcliffe flat blaze by setting fire to shower curtain
A COUPLE were evacuated from their first floor flat in the early hours of Boxing Day after offenders set fire to the property below.
The fire service were called to the flats on Bowker Street, Radcliffe at 12.20am after a neighbour smelled smoke.
Firemen broke down the door and found the flat’s bedroom was ablaze after unknown offenders smashed their way into the property and set fire to a shower curtain.
No one was at home and police have confirmed the fire is being investigated as arson.
A male neighbour suffered from the effects of smoke inhalation but refused hospital treatment.
Comments are closed on this article.