A BRAVE Tottington boy who endured three-and-a-half years of gruelling chemotherapy has won his battle against leukaemia.

Little Ted Rice marked the end of his lengthy treatment by taking part in a fun-filled “Onesie” party at his school to raise money for the hospital where he was treated.

He was joined on Friday by classmates at Holly Mount RC Primary School in Greenmount, together with five-year-old sister Pippa.

The seven-year-old has shown remarkable courage in the face of adversity. Apart from undergoing his gruelling chemotherapy regime, he spent around a year in hospital and had to learn to walk again after being in a wheelchair.

Ted, whose plight inspired friends and family to raise almost £250,000 for children’s cancer charities, has now resumed full-time education at Holly Mount.

He was originally diagnosed with cancer in November 2010 after his father Philip spotted the youngster had a rash.

He was so worried that he uploaded a photograph of the rash and a list of symptoms on to social networking site Facebook.

Within minutes, he received a response from a doctor friend who urged him to take Ted to hospital.

Subsequently, he was told the devastating news that his son was suffering from acute lymphocytic leuk-aemia.

Later, the youngster underwent daily chemo-therapy sessions at home as well as visiting Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital twice a week.

Now, finally, the youngster has been given the all-clear.

Mr Rice, aged 37, of Darlington Close, said: “Ted spent three and a half years on chemotherapy.

“He has finally won his battle and is clear of cancer. He had his final chemo and surgery this month. It’s been a long and difficult battle.”

Throughout this time, the youngster has undergone around 1,500 chemotherapy doses, 2,000 other drug doses, lost his hair, learned to walk again, had life threatening infections, had chemo injected into his spine 15 times, and 20 anaesthetics.

Mr Rice said: “To mark the end of his treatment, Ted said ‘let’s have a pyjama party’.

“The school’s charity ‘Onesie’ party raised money for Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital which has saved his life.”

He concluded: “We’d like to say thank you, publicly, to the school, hospital and the whole community for looking after us.”