Enthusiasts show off flowers at Tottington and District Horticultural Society's spring show (From Bury Times)
When news happens, text BONEWS and your photos to 80360 or phone 01204 537274
Enthusiasts show off flowers at Tottington and District Horticultural Society's spring show
Husband and wife winners Michael and Rosemary Saunders with Best Painting and first in all floral categories
ENTHUSIASTS were in full bloom when they showed off their exhibits at the Tottington and District Horticultural Society’s annual spring show.
The show, which featured a range of flowers and exhibits, was staged at Greenmount Old School in Brandlesholme Road.
Dorothy Heaton, society secretary, said: “There were some lovely exhibitions on display. It was a successful event and a nice social occasion for everyone who attended.”
The show also featured craft activities, wine and liqueur-making classes, and jams and chutney sales.
Keith Capper won the Best Exhibit in Show award for his three blooms in a vase.
Mr Capper, who has now won the award three times, said: “I’m very pleased to win. I have been a supporter of the Tottington and District Horticultural Society for years. I always enjoy this event — the people are very friendly and always make you feel welcome.
“I would recommend it to anyone.”
Prizes and trophies were presented by Cll Yvonne Wright.
The winners in full were:
- Keith Capper: The Tom Scholes Memorial Silver Tray for most number of firsts in daffodil classes;
- Ray Later: The Spring Shield for most number of firsts in the entire show (excluding daffodils);
- Keith Capper: The Daffodil Bronze Medal for best exhibit in daffodil Classes;
- Andrew Clark: The Walter Lea Cup for best bloom in daffodil classes;
- Rosemary Saunders: The Dearden Trophy for best miniature arrangement (Class 49);
- Lynn Hambleton: The Mrs John Rothwell Cup for best exhibit in cookery classes;
- Judith Kelly: The Secretary’s Cup for best exhibit in wine classes;
- Mr D. Witty: The Thomas Lord Cup for best exhibit in egg classes;
- Georgi Walmsley: The National and Provincial Cup for best exhibit in junior classes up to 10 years;
- Mia Halpin: The Bury Times trophy for best exhibit in junior classes 11-16 years;
- Georgi Walmsley: The Eden Garden Trophy for most number of firsts in all junior classes;
- Michael Saunders: The Nancy Martin Trophy for best exhibit in adult handicrafts.
Comments are closed on this article.