Man treated with oxygen after Radcliffe microwave fire

Man treated with oxygen after Radcliffe microwave fire

Man treated with oxygen after Radcliffe microwave fire

First published in News Bury Times: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

A MAN required oxygen treatment after his microwave caught fire in Radcliffe.

Firefighters doused the blaze in a flat in Coronation Gardens at about 5.30pm on August 26 after a neighbour had smelt smoke and investigated.

The man, believed to be in his 40s, had managed to escape from the house himself but was suffering from mild smoke inhalation.

Some food in the microwave had burnt, setting the appliance on fire.

The kitchen of the property was smoke damaged but the man did not require hospital treatment despite being treated at the scene by ambulance personnel.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree