BURY’S end-of-season charge continued with a barnstorming display at home to fellow play-off chasers Plymouth Argyle.

The Shakers went into the break with what looked like a slender one-goal advantage following Andrew Tutte’s early opener.

But they sailed out of sight in the second half following a quick-fire double from leading scorer Daniel Nardiello before Danny Rose underlined their dominance with a late fourth.

Bury made a blistering start, carving out their first chance in only the second minute.

The lively Tutte showed great vision to put Hallam Hope in behind the Plymouth backline with a lovely ball around the corner, but the on-loan striker’s cross-shot was blocked.

Plymouth were intent not to sit back, however, and forward Lewis Alessandra dragged a woeful effort wide of the near post moments later with only Bury keeper Brian Jensen to beat.

Tutte made full use of the let-off to put Bury ahead in the eighth minute, getting on the end of a one-two with Hope before planting a shot back across goal.

The home side played with real freedom after getting their noses in front, but the visitors continued to look dangerous and wasted two more gilt-edged chances in the opening period.

Midfielder Andres Gurrieri blazed over from six yards after Jensen could only parry a stinging Reuben Reid shot into his path.

And after Nardiello flashed a shot across goal at the other end, Reid was left thumping the turf in frustration after his glancing header bounced just the wrong side of the far post.

But any thoughts of a Plymouth comeback were snuffed out by two Nardiello goals in the space of three minutes just after the break.

The striker dusted himself down after being impeded on the goal-line to fire the resulting penalty down the centre of the Pilgrims goal in the 49th minute.

And Bury’s leading goalscorer then applied the finish that Chris Hussey’s sublime cross from the left deserved, heading his 11th goal of the season into the far corner.

Shakers’ on-loan striker Rose, who replaced Hope, then clipped the bar with a curled shot from the edge of the box, heralding a triple substitution from Plymouth boss John Sheridan.

But the horse had already well and truly bolted for the Pilgrims and Rose went to work on their beleaguered defence.

He twice went close to extending the lead after getting on the end of Nardiello passes, before seeing a header from a Hussey cross cleared off the line.

The Barnsley forward finally got the goal his breathless running deserved three minutes from time, slotting home to extend Bury’s unbeaten run at home to 15 games.

The comprehensive victory was Bury’s fourth in their last five games, leaving them 10th in the League Two table, seven points outside the play-off places with three games remaining.