Scott Quigg is expected to announce his next fight within a week.
After knocking out Tshifhiwa Munyai inside two rounds in April, the Bury WBA world super-bantamweight champion is now closing in on his next opponent.
He has been consistently linked to the three biggest names in the division – Carl Frampton, Kiko Martinez and Leo Santa Cruz.
A Las Vegas match-up against WBC super-bantamweight champion Santa Cruz would seem the most likely option after it was confirmed yesterday IBF super-bantamweight title holder Martinez would be fighting Frampton in Belfast in September.
But the 25-year-old says there is only one fight that stands head and shoulders above the rest.
“There are three top opponents but the biggest fight out there to catch the imagination of the public would be me against Carl Frampton,” he said.
“That is the one I fancy and I think it is the next biggest fight in British boxing (after last week’s Froch v Groves showdown).”
If the Frampton fight were to eventually happen the Bury boxer insisted the venue would not be an issue, and he would be willing to go to Frampton’s home town of Belfast “in a flash”.
But this encounter looks unlikely in the near future with Frampton due to fight Martinez on September 6.
This makes a match-up with Santa Cruz more likely – in Manchester or America.
However, it is well known the Bury fighter is keen to bring a fight to his home town as he looks to make the JD Stadium ‘Quigg Lane’ for one night only.
His next fight is expected to be announced soon, but if a deal cannot be struck with Santa Cruz then Quigg could be pitted against a mandatory opponent before challenging the winner of the Frampton v Martinez duel.