DANNY Rose celebrated turning his loan deal into a permanent switch with his second goal in as many games since signing from Barnsley.

But the 20-year-old’s 62nd-minute opener proved not to be enough for Bury to clinch back-to-back victories as Luton substitute Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu grabbed an injury-time equaliser.

Both sides cancelled each other out in the opening stages of a tactical battle at Kenilworth Road.

Rose managed a handful of shots from outside the box, one of which Luton stopper Mark Tyler fumbled but gathered at the second attempt.

Pablo Mills also tested Tyler with a shot form a Nicky Adams corner.

It was Andrew Tutte, however, who went closest to scoring, opening up his body in the 22nd minute before curling a shot from the edge of the box towards the top corner that drifted just wide.

Rob Lainton, in the Bury goal, only had one save to make, getting down well to smother a deflected Luke Guttridge shot just before the break.

But Paul Benson and Scott Griffiths had decent headed opportunities for Luton that they were unable to keep down.

Former Bury loanee Mark Cullen signalled Luton’s intent after the break, getting in behind the Shakers’ defence a minute after the restart but he failed to direct his shot on target.

Guttridge dragged a shot wide of the far post as Luton’s fervent home support cranked up the noise.

The support from the stands sparked the game into life as Luke Rooney picked up a yellow card for simulation following a challenge from Bury defender Nathan Cameron, before Cameron followed him into the book for a lunge on the flying Luton winger.

But as the Hatters looked to take the upper hand a Nicky Adams cross into their box handed Bury the lead.

Rose was on hand to take advantage after Tyler and Luton captain Steve McNulty made a hash of the clearance, with the 20-year-old striker stabbing the ball into the empty net.

Referee Tim Robinson produced a flurry of cards after the Shakers went in front, with Tyler and Rose going into the book following a set-to in the box and Mayor taking one for the team after stopping a Luton counter attack.

The interruptions in play fell into Bury’s hands as they wound the clock down, but the Hatters kept plugging away and after a high ball into the Bury box was not cleared Mpanzu was on hand to fire home the equaliser in the 91st minute.