BURY Girls and Ladies hit Manchester Stingers for six to book their place in the final of the Argyle Cup.

The North West Women's Regional League Division One North side claimed their second Premier Division scalp of the competition with a stunning 6-3 win at home.

They scored all of their goals in the first half, with the comprehensive victory setting up a final showdown against FC United of Manchester.

Jordan Bailey gave the home side the perfect start, opening the scoring in the second minute.

Captain Lucy Golding then found the top corner with a dipping 40-yard free kick that left the visiting keeper rooted to her line.

The skipper set up Bury's third goal in the 24th minute when her shot was deflected into the path of Bailey, who tucked the ball into the back of the net.

If the Stingers were rocked by the three-goal burst, they showed great character to fight back, replying with two goals of their own inside five minutes.

But no soon as the eighth-placed side in the Premier Division had reduced the arrears, Bury rattled in another three goals.

Hulda Sigurðardóttir applied the finish for the fourth goal, netting Leah Tibbott's cross after she had ridden a challenge from the Stingers keeper to latch on to a Bailey through ball.

Shortly after, Golding scored another wonder goal from distance, once again gliding a shot over the Manchester keeper.

Sigurðardóttir ensured Bury finished off the first half in style, crashing a first-time shot from the edge of the box into the top corner.

There were screams and cheers on the touchline, with Bury manager Paul Iannaccone charging around hugging his staff and substitutes.

Stingers did their best to rattle the Shakers with more physical tactics after the break.

The referee did well to keep a lid on the game as tempers frayed.

He awarded Bury a penalty after a goalbound shot was handled on the line, but the spot-kick was missed.

The visitors managed to pull a goal back with five minutes to go, but Bury eased to a comfortable win.

They will now meet Division One South high flyers FC United in the final at the Merseyrail Bootle ground on May 14.