Girl taken to hospital with serious burns after gas fire accident

First published in Bury FC

A FOUR-YEAR-OLD girl has been taken to hospital with serious burns which she suffered when her clothes set alight after apparently falling into a gas fire.

The girl suffered up to 80 per cent burns when her clothes caught fire in Horne Street, Bury, just before 12.30pm on Saturday.

Firefighters said the they found the girl had suffered serious injuries.

She was then taken to North Manchester General Hospital by paramedics.

Watch commander Alan Topping, from Bury Fire Station, said: "The incident involved a four-year-old girl whose clothes were ignited by an open flame gas fire and she suffered between 60 to 80 per cent burns.

"A police investigation is ongoing."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree