When news happens, text BONEWS and your photos to 80360 or phone 01204 537274
Dog saved from flat fire
9:48am Thursday 21st February 2013 in Bury
A DOG was rescued by Ramsbottom’s police community support officers after a fire broke out in a flat in Bridge Street.
The officers managed to force their way into the first floor flat to ensure no one was inside and emerged with a Jack Russell.
The blaze started in the kitchen just before 10am on Tuesday and firefighters believe it was caused by an electrical fault in an appliance.
Firefighters from Bury and Ramsbottom helped to save the stock in the shop below, Bill Allpress Leather Goods, as flames damaged a water pipe.
Ady Tonge, watch commander at Ramsbottom fire station said: “We treated a police community support officer for smoke inhalation and he was also seen by a paramedic.”
The kitchen was damaged in the blaze and the flat was smoke damaged. Crews were at the scene for almost an hour.