A GARDEN shed has been completely destroyed in a fire.

Fire crews were called to the incident in Belbeck Street at about 4.45pm today.

They arrived at the scene to find a large amount of smoke coming from the back yard of a terraced property.

Firefighters say a man had been using a brazier to burn wood when the fire spread to the nearby shed.

Crews worked at the scene for about 30 minutes and managed to bring the blaze under control.

As well as destroying the shed, the fire also damaged the roof of the home's kitchen extension.

No one was injured in the incident.

Steve Wilcock, watch manager at Bury Fire Station, said: "The area was inappropriate for what he was doing, there was not enough room around.

"These things need space or else they will set fire to things.

"It was right next to some bushes which were right to the shed in a yard area. The embers ended up setting fire to the shed."