AN office kitchen fire broke out after a cooking accident this morning, Friday.

Two fire engines were sent to Walmersley Road in Bury at around 10:15am where paper had set alight on a cooker.

No-one was hurt in the incident.

Bury Station watch manager Rick Taylor said: "Two pumps attended from Bury and Whitefield.

"We used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel and we were there for about an hour.

"People had evacuated from the building when we arrived.

"A small amount of damage was caused to the kitchen and smoke had spread."