A TEENAGE boxer - allegedly murdered as part of a feud over a girl - suffered severe blood loss after being shot.

Three men are currently on trial for the murder of Cole Kershaw - a fourth is accused of possessing the firearm which delivered the fatal shot.

Jurors also heard more evidence of the build-up of a bitter feud over a young woman that developed between Spencer Woods, a friend of Cole’s, and Kamran Mohammed.

The young woman had dated Woods before becoming a “girlfriend of sorts” to Mohammed, while maintaining a close relationship with Woods.

Evidence was first heard from a forensic pathologist, Dr Charles Wilson, who stated that Cole “died of a gunshot wound to the chest”.

Dr Wilson told the court how the bullet went through the left side of his chest and burst the most major artery in the body causing “catastrophic blood loss”.

The bullet passed “almost completely through the body” which meant Cole had “no realistic prospect of survival” from the injuries.

The court heard statements from Greater Manchester Police, including PC Patel and PS Bannister, about how on April 9 around 9:15am, four months before Cole’s death, police received reports of a man being attacked in Broad Oak Lane, Bury.

Police attended and found Spencer Woods bleeding heavily from wounds to his head.

The court heard that Woods said he was walking to the shops when a man in a blue car asked him for a lighter.

He continued walking but was then attacked by four men, believed to include Mohammed, in balaclavas with baseball bats and machetes who had arrived soon after in a BMW, the court was told.

He suffered a one-and-a half-inch cut to the back of his head, a picture of which he sent to Cole, according to mobile phone records.

Woods declined to provide a statement on this incident to police, jurors heard.

Evidence was then heard describing phone records belonging to people involved in the case in the early hours of August 12.

One of the messages Woods sent was to the young woman where saying he had a “massive argument” with Mohammed where he told him that he would blow up his mum’s car and house.

Tensions heightened throughout August 12 where Cole Kershaw died after being shot in Chesham Road, Bury, that evening.

A sequence of events was given for that day where CCTV footage of the defendants and BMW 1 Series and 5 Series cars were traced across Bury and was also seen in Bolton getting money out at an off licence in Crescent Road.

Phone records also traced the defendants around these areas and showed they had been making a number of calls to each other throughout the day.

Kamran Mohammed, aged 19, of Kingsdale Close, Bury, Khayam Ali Khurshid, aged 28, of Eton Hill Road, Radcliffe, and Mohammed Izarrh Khan, aged 21, of Palace Street, Pimhole, Bury, all deny murder and possessing a firearm with intent.

Raheem Hall, aged 19, of Hardfield Street, Heywood, has pleaded not guilty to possessing a firearm.

The trial continues.