STEWART Day will give temporary managers Chris Brass and Ryan Kidd more time after drawing a blank in his search for a permanent boss.

The chairman sat down on Monday to analyse the applications of the 70 candidates who put themselves forward but claims none of them fit the bill.

Following extensive boardroom meetings yesterday, it was decided Brass and Kidd would be given more time to steady the ship after a recent upturn in performances.

“We had a meeting on Monday and we looked at all the CVs and applicants,” Day told the Bury Times. “We have decided we want to see where we are and assess the group.

“Chris Brass and Kiddo have done well and improved the performances in the last two games.

"They have put in proud performances which deserved at least a point, especially at Sheffield United, even when we went down to nine men.

“If we can’t find the right candidate and Brassy and Kiddo have to be in charge for a while then so be it – I’m happy with that.

“When looking at the 70 applicants we didn’t really identify anyone who we thought we could work with to take the club forward.”

The time extension could mean Bury’s search for a new boss may not bear fruits until the new year, but by that time there could be more money for potential transfers.

The Shakers have had a lot of interest in their ever-improving youth team over the last three years, with sales such as Matty Foulds to Everton and Jack Ruddy to Wolves, and Day is expecting more bids to come in when the transfer window reopens.

“There are only four games left before the end of the year, that means four games left until the transfer window,” Day said. “We have had a lot of interest in our younger players from other clubs, especially in the Premier League, and that could give us a bigger pot to play with in January.

“We are not looking to sell any of our key players but if we increase our pot it could give us the opportunity to strengthen the (first-team) squad.”

Meanwhile, Bury’s sale of 15-year-old Emeka Obi to Liverpool is edging closer.

The 6ft5in centre-back had signed preliminary contracts one month ago but there is still one issue holding up the deal.

“We are still waiting for the money to come in from Liverpool for Emeka Obi,” Day added. “There is one final bit of paperwork that needs to be sorted but that’s all on Liverpool’s end.”