SEDGLEY Tigers put in a rollercoaster display in the final home match of their league campaign, coming from behind to beat Chester 33-29.

The visitors, who were looking to move above the Park Lane men in the National Two North table, opened up a 17-0 lead inside the first 15 minutes.

But Geoff Roberts' side regrouped, and after going in at half time 22-12 down, turned the game on its head with a three-try blast inside 12 minutes of the restart.

The Sedgley coach was full of praise for his players' spirited response, which means they go into the final match of the season at champions Caldy in fourth place, still with an outside chance of moving above Leicester Lions to finish third.

"We just didn't pull it off in the first half at all," said Roberts.

"It was not so much that they engineered their scores, more that one or two bounces of the ball went against us and a few mistakes cost us dear.

"But when we did get out of the blocks after half time we just blew them away.

"I bet it was 20 minutes or so before they go out of their own half.

"We laid siege to their line for quite long periods and could have scored more.

"We got one held up over the line and had plenty of opportunities to kick at goal to seal the win sooner, but it was a typical end of season game, with both sides trying to play open rugby.

"It made for an exciting game, played out in front of good support on a sunny afternoon that doubled up as our charity day. So everything worked perfectly."

Thomas Coe kicked off the Sedgley fightback on 19 minutes, going over before Steve Collins missed the conversion.

Collins, usually so reliable with the boot, made amends 10 minutes later, converting Matt Riley's try, before Chester ran in another score to go into the break with a 10 point advantage.

Andy Riley scored within a minute of the restart then added his second of the day three minutes later, with Collins converting both tries.

Sedgley turned a 10-point deficit before half time into an 11-point lead by the 53rd minute, after Collins produced another successful kick following a Jonathan Matthews' try.

The hosts clinical streak deserted them for the remainder of the second half and Chester pulled a try back with less than 10 minutes remaining, but Sedgley held on.

"There is no doubt that Chester were dangerous in attack, and they came back at us strongly in the last five minutes, but it was nice to end the home campaign with a win," added Roberts.

"We will need all of that swagger to complete the double at the champions this weekend and keep us in with a chance of finishing third.

"I know Caldy have a big day planned. They will want to keep their unbeaten home record in tact in front of a big crowd and also gain revenge on us as the only side to beat them all season."