SEDGLEY Park produced a dramatic late rally to come from behind and claim victory in a try-fest at Otley.

The two teams shared more than 100 points, with 14 tries scored on the day and the lead changing five times.

But Tigers coach Geoff Roberts says he always felt his side would edge it, even when they fell a point behind with 10 minutes to play.

And so it proved as flying wingers Jamie Harrison and Matt Riley ran in two late tries to seal a 57-46 win.

"I wasn't worried when Otley got in front late on because of the way we were playing," said Roberts.

"I always felt we could come back at them.

"Both sides played really well and it must have been a great game to watch.

"But I felt the difference was that we were creating all our own tries whereas they were feeding off our mistakes, so it was always in our hands to pull it off."

While Roberts maintains the game was not a nail-biter, the crowd of almost 500 spectators, which included a bus-load from Sedgley, may beg to differ.

The ebb and flow of the scoreline certainly suggests a different story, with both halves following a similar pattern of Otley edging in front only for their hard work to be undone by a late burst of tries from Sedgley.

Otley opened the scoring with a penalty from Joe Rowntree and ran in converted tries from Paul Petchey and Simon Willet, either side of one from Sedgley's Ben Black, to go 17-7 up after 18 minutes.

The visitors quickly rallied, however, scoring two unanswered tries from Jamie Harrison and Oli Glasse, with Steve Collins kicking both conversions, to move into a 23-17 lead.

Undaunted, Otley again took the lead through a converted try from Alexander Beaumont and a Rowntree penalty, only for Sedgley to finish the half strongly, following up a penalty try with a converted score from Callum McShane to go into the break leading 35-27.

Roberts' men maintained their momentum at the start of the second period as Bob Birtwell crossed over and Collins kicked the extras.

But Otley forced their way back in front with 10 minutes remaining after tries from Joe Graham, Grayson Maguire and Michael Coady, two of which were converted.

Collins' usual accuracy with the boot failed him as he missed two of three penalty kicks, although he had spent time off the field to have a head wound patched up.

But Sedgley did not panic and eventually secured victory with a flourish as Harrison added his second try of the game on 73 minutes and Riley made extra sure of the points with another score two minutes from time, Collins' missed conversion proving immaterial.

The hard-fought win moved the Tigers up to third in the National Two North table, and Roberts admits he would be happy to see his side continue throughout the season in similar fashion.

"Both sides contributed to a really exciting encounter, but the nature of the game was really a consequence of how we play our rugby," added Roberts.

"It may sound a bit strange, given we conceded six tries, but our organised defence actually played well.

"The points were gave away followed a break down in our attacks. As we committed men forward Otley picked us off whenever we lost the ball.

"I would say they took all the chances that came their way, while we bombed a few good opportunities.

"But when our play did come off it was a joy to watch.

"Jamie Harrison was in scintillating form, yet again, on the wing, but I would say young Oli Glasse scored the try of the game.

"The ball went through a lot of pairs of hands in a move that covered the full length of the pitch, and Oli popped up in support when Andy Riley was tackled just short of the line, Andy just managing to flick the ball to him before he hit the deck ."