SEDGLEY Park bounced back in style on Saturday with a 27-14 win over Chester at Park Lane.

The Tigers had been well beaten 50-15 at Hinckley last time out but responded back on home soil to cement third spot in National Two North.

New boy Gene Ormseby scored two tries with Leon Simpson and Oli Glasse also touching down.

It sets the Tigers up perfectly for this Saturday’s trip to league leaders Caldy, the West Kirkby side running away with things at the top having won all 20 of their games so far this season.

They lead the way with 95 points, 17 clear of second-placed Fylde and 21 better off than Sedgley.

“Chester was a solid team performance from the players and well deserved,” said assistant coach Steve Hazzelby.

“We knew that this would be a big challenge from a good well-organised team.

“It was a great reaction from the players after the disappointment of losing at Hinckley

“This Saturday we are on the road to league leaders Caldy hoping to upset their unbeaten run.

“This is a massive challenge for the players and we need as much support as possible.”

After a narrow victory in the reverse fixture before Christmas Sedgley started on the front foot against Chester with Ormseby touching down wide out on the right wing.

The build up to the score saw driving play from the forwards set up the backs with Ormseby getting on the end of chip from fly half Steve Collins.

The second try came six minutes later after a drive from No 8 Tom Ailes, a line break from centre Glasse finished off again by Ormseby for his second try as the Tigers went 10 up inside the first quarter of an hour.

Chester had no answer to the home side’s controlled rugby and the third try came on the 25th minute with an excellent score for full back Simpson after fine inter-linking play between the backs and forwards.

Collins added the conversion to make it 17-0 and left the visitors looking in some trouble.

But to their credit, Chester got a converted try after good driving play from their forwards to ensure the game didn’t get away from them.

The Tigers had the final say in the first half though with a Collins penalty taking the score out to 20-7 going at the interval.

The second half started well for the visitors who took the game to the Tigers continually testing the home defence.

Chester got their rewards with another score after 53 minutes after a quick lineout and drive, putting them right back in the game 20-14.

However the Sedgley defence was solid and the hosts started to build momentum again through intelligent and patient play.

A great drive into the Chester 22 by the forwards in the 68th minute resulted in a fine try for Glasse, converted by Collins, ensuring a bonus point victory.