BURY once again experienced the highs and lows of late goals after having to settle for a point against Wythenshawe on Tuesday night.

Just days after the thrilling 4-3 win against West Didsbury and Chorlton - a victory sealed thanks to Benito Lowe’s 96th minute strike - the Shakers conceded a last-minute penalty against 10-man Wythenshawe to deny them back-to-back wins.

The four points sees Bury climb to second place in NWCL Premier Division but Andy Welsh was unhappy his side could not see the game out.

“Really disappointed to concede so late on but, in my opinion, we dominate the game with the ball, we kept it really well,” he told the club website. “Obviously they went down to 10 men and when teams do go down to 10 men they always try and take a bit more of a chance.

“I felt that lads did really well and we would have liked a few more chances but it seemed every time we broke that line it was either offside or the cross wasn’t quite there. 

“It’s a point but we wanted three and just have to move on.”

Shakeel Jones-Griffiths scored his first goal for the club in the 50th minute and it looked like Bury would hold on for all three points until Jack Lenehan was adjudged to have fouled Joe Bevan in the last minute and Sam Dickov converted the resulting spot kick.

“I felt comfortable all night,” added Welsh. “I didn’t feel as though they were going to break us down.

"The lad who goes down for the penalty, he won a similar sort of penalty at the weekend, he’s the master of the dark arts if you like because if you watch it back, he drags Jack Lenehan to the ground and he’s absolutely devastated because he says he’s not put his hands on him.”

Attentions now turn to Saturday’s visit of Longridge Town.

Welsh said: “They are a good young side, very good on the ball. They’ve had a tough start to the season but you know they can challenge and hurt you in certain areas.

"So now we’ve got to make sure we recover well and put that game plan in place for Saturday back at Gigg Lane and get the place bouncing again.”