Brad Jackson's last-minute winner saw Radcliffe come out on top in a seven-goal thriller against Worksop Town, writes Kieran Wilson

Boro scored yet another four goals in a memorable 4-3 victory which sees them remain seven points clear at the top of the NPL Premier Division against a well-organised Worksop Town.

Only one change was made to the side that beat Atherton Collieries two weeks ago, seeing Lois Maynard return from international duty and come back into the team with a bang.

Nearly a month after Radcliffe last played in front of a home crowd at the Neuven Stadium, they found themselves ahead inside 20 seconds when Jordan Hulme raced clear down the left-hand side, played the ball in to Maynard who calmly guided his shot into Paul Cooper’s goal.

Radcliffe almost doubled their advantage in the seventh minute, when Josh Hancock cleverly found Hulme, whose effort was pushed away by Cooper and Anthony Dudley was unable to dispatch the follow-up effort.

Worksop knocked on the door before they worked their way into the game, Luke Hall dangerously burst down the left-hand side and found time to pick out Liam Hughes in the box, his shot however was only good enough to bounce off the top of Mateusz Hewelt’s goal, but Radcliffe wouldn’t be so fortunate on the next occasion.

Just two minutes later the big target man had Worksop’s first of the afternoon, rising highest inside the box to meet Terry Hawkridge’s corner kick.

And the visitors were ahead in the 21st minute when Hawkridge's cross was met by a powerful downward header from Vaughan Redford.

But Worksop did not hold the lead for long though. Minutes later, Jamie Morgan latched onto a ball over the top of the Tigers’ defence and with excellent composure the wing back slotted underneath an on-rushing Paul Cooper, bringing the sides level.

Both outfits hunted the go-ahead goal before the break, Radcliffe’s next chance came on the counter attack but as Dudley crossed halfway Deegan Atherton pulled him down ruthlessly to prevent any danger, for which he picked up a yellow card.

After Jamie Morgan cleared a corner kick from beneath the crossbar, Radcliffe were able to find the breakthrough with little under five minutes to go until the half-time whistle.

Morgan picked out Dudley who cut back into the centre of the pitch and his blocked strike won the corner that would put the home side ahead. Nicky Adams on form yet again to deliver a ball to the unmarked Maynard, who had to simply head home for his second of the game.

As half-time approached, Jack Broadhead went down in an unfortunate challenge, both sets of medical staff were on the pitch to ensure the player was okay, with the defender able to head down the tunnel to the applause of the 959 in attendance.

For large parts of the second half, Radcliffe dominated the ball and looked threatening, tricky midfielder Hancock had the ball in the net but Oyibo was judged to be offside in the build-up, ruling out what would’ve been a delightful, chipped effort.

This chance was followed by a piece of Oyibo magic, a dizzy run down the left-hand side which unfortunately led to the angle becoming tight and against the pacey winger, which allowed the ‘keeper to get down and smother the effort comfortably.

As Radcliffe piled on the pressure, Hancock was only able to sting the gloves of Cooper as his effort from 18 yards was pushed away from danger.

It was almost against the run of play but not undeserved when Worksop found their equaliser. Liam Hughes beat the defensive line as he took the ball in his stride, before he blasted a powerful shot into the back of Hewelt’s goal to claim his brace.

Three substitutions on the 80-minute mark would prove key, with Jake Thompson and Brad Jackson being thrust into the action alongside Ewan Bange. The home side would have two chances to take the lead late on. The first time Thompson burst down the right-hand side his ball into the box was handled well by Worksop, aided by a lack of support in the box.

However, second times the charm, Thompson did well to hold the ball up for as long as possible to allow Oyibo and fellow substitute Jackson to make a run to the far post. The ball missed Jude, but Jackson was on hand to score his first goal in a Radcliffe shirt at the back post, sweeping into the net to seal all three points in a thriller at the Neuven Stadium.

Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley’s men travel to Marine tonight, which is set to be a great game between two in-form sides.