Anthony Dudley's 29th minute goal sees Radcliffe get back to winning ways thanks to a 1-0 win against Gainsborough Trinity, writes Kieran Wilson.

On a cold afternoon at the Neuven Stadium, Boro were able to claim the full three points with a close-range finish from Anthony Dudley midway into the first half.

Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley named an unchanged XI to face off against Russ Wilcox's visiting Trinity side, with the only change to the squad being the return of Luca Navarro, who would eventually enter the field as a second-half substitute.

Dayle Southwell had the first real chance of the game, as he attempted to capitalise on a long ball forward but was forced wide by Rick Smith and saw his tame effort saved at the near post.

In the 17th minute, Jordan Hulme broke into the box by latching onto Olly Thornley's ball over the top and won a corner, but Gainsborough were able to defend well and clear the danger.

Radcliffe took the lead after 29 minutes of play, with Anthony Dudley on target from six yards out to score his first league goal since his treble against FC United of Manchester. After an attacking move which spanned across the field, Jude Oyibo worked his way into a promising position and cut the ball back into the middle, setting up the opener as the 27-year-old was on hand to tap home.

It was Oyibo again who attempted to fashion a chance from the left, moments later. The forward beat two opposition players on the wing, before fizzing a dangerous ball into the box which was seen out for a corner by Ashley Jackson. Nicky Adams' following delivery into the box was over hit and no chance came from it.

It could have been two goals to the good for Radcliffe before the break. A chance fell to the feet of Hulme in the box, but Luke Jackson did well to make a diving save to prevent a second for the Boro.

The visitors started the second half with intent, as Javelle Clarke cut back onto his left foot and fired over the bar from the edge of the 18-yard area. Again just five minutes later, Southwell tested Mateusz Hewelt with a fast-paced curled effort, that rose just above the crossbar at the last moment, but the 'keeper appeared to have it covered.

Radcliffe set out to test Jackson's goal before the hour mark, but efforts from Hulme and Josh Hancock were well blocked by Gainsborough's defensive line. Followed by a free kick from the right-hand side, Smith was unable to flick goalwards, and his centre back partner Thornley could do no better.

An equaliser almost came the way of Southwell when he intercepted Hewelt's ball forward, but his chipped shot from range only found the outside of the side netting.

On the 71 minute mark, a long ball pumped into the box from the left-hand side of the Gainsborough attack caused Hewelt to scramble to his far post, fortunately keeping the ball from being able to sneak in at the back stick.

Radcliffe came forward in the 78th minute with another driving run from Oyibo to the edge of the area, but his shot was well over the bar. Followed up with another chance minutes later, Hancock took aim on this occasion, seeing his effort well saved by the legs of Jackson as the ball went low to his left.

The lead almost doubled through Hulme late in the game, turning on the ball inside the area before trying his luck with a curled shot into the far post, Jackson was able to get a glove to the ball and tip it wide.

With three minutes added on at the end of the 90, Gainsborough failed to threaten the Radcliffe goal, as the three points remained in Greater Manchester after a tough contest at the Neuven Stadium.

Boro are back in action tonight when they travel up to Northumberland when they play Morpeth Town.