RADCLIFFE twice came from behind to seal a superb 3-2 win at Morpeth Town on Tuesday night to maintain their 10-point lead at the top fo NPL Premier Division, writes Kieran Wilson.

Boro followed up Saturday’s narrow 1-0 victory at home to Gainsborough Trinity with a sixth away day success thanks to Jordan Hulme’s dramatic late winner.

After a goalless first half, Morpeth broke the deadlock a minute after the break thanks to a goal from William Jenkins. But Boro’s replay was instant as they were back on level terms three minutes later with Hulme scoring his first of the game.

In frantic opening to the second period, a third goal arrived soon after with Jack Foalle restoring the host’s lead.

Boro kept on battling away and midway through the half it was all square again with Jude Oyibo making it 2-2 before Hulme netted a winner with just two minutes remaining.

It was a game where new signing Willem Tomlinson remained on the bench having moved from National League North side Chorley earlier in the week.

Tomlinson, who started his career at Blackburn Rovers, is looking forward to the challenge ahead.

He said on social media: “Really looking forward the challenge ahead and to be enjoying my football again and getting back to where I want to be.”

On Saturday, Anthony Dudley’s 29th minute goal saw Boro return to winning ways following their surprise 4-0 defeat at Matlock Town the previous weekend.

On a cold afternoon at the Neuven Stadium, Radcliffe were able to claim the full three points in a 1-0 win against Gainsborough Trinity, thanks to a close-range finish from Anthony Dudley midway into the first half.

Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley named an unchanged XI to face off against Russ Wilcox’s visiting Trinity side, with the only change to the squad being the return of Luca Navarro, who would eventually enter the field as a second-half substitute.

Radcliffe took the lead just before the half hour mark when Dudley on target from six yards out to score his first league goal since his treble against FC United of Manchester.

Boro went close to grabbing a second just before the break but Hulme was denied by Trinity keeper Luke Jackson.

The visitors started the second half with intent, as Javelle Clarke cut back onto his left foot and fired over the bar before Southwell tested Mateusz Hewelt with another well struck effort

The visitors went close to equalising when Southwell intercepted Hewelt’s ball forward, but his chipped shot from range only found the outside of the side netting.

On the 71 minute mark, a long ball pumped into the box from the left-hand side of the Gainsborough attack caused Hewelt to scramble to his far post, fortunately keeping the ball from being able to sneak in at the back stick.

Radcliffe hit back and Oyibo and Hancock both went close. They nearly doubled their lead through Hulme late in the game but his curling effort was tipped around the post by Jackson.