ADAM Bogdan suffered a nightmare debut for Crewe as his blunder helped Bury seal their third win in a row.

The Wanderers goalkeeper, who joined the League Two club on a one-month loan deal just 24 hours earlier, gifted the Shakers a second goal in an action-packed encounter at the Alexandra Stadium.

The big Hungarian had a rush of blood as he came racing 35 yards from his line to deal with Bury keeper Wayne Brown’s long clearance, only for Tom Elliott to beat him to it. The ball ran into the path of strike partner Ryan Lowe, who had the simplest of tasks to slide home.

But Crewe, who ended the match with nine men, twice fought back from behind and it needed an 86th-minute penalty from captain Stephen Dawson to wrap up three valuable points for Alan Knill’s side.

And 6ft 4ins Elliott was the catalyst as he scored one and made one on his first start for the Gigg Lane outfit.

The former Leeds wonderkid, who made his debut for the Yorkshire club at just 15, replaced the injured Andy Bishop and made his mark with a 22nd-minute opener. And, after Harry Worley’s 39th-minute equaliser, the 18-year-old hitman turned supplier as he took advantage of Bogdan’s error.

Bury had signalled their early intent when Lowe’s 15th-minute snapshot had forced Bogdan into a fine save. But he was helpless seven minutes later when Elliott crashed an unstoppable header past him after former Crewe favourite Efe Sodje had headed Brian Barry-Murphy’s corner back across the six-yard box.

The Shakers struggled all night with crosses into the area and, from a Billy Jones corner, Worley outjumped Sodje to plant a firm header past Brown on 39 minutes.

But Crewe were level for less than two minutes, when Bogdan’s unnecessary charge out of his area allowed Lowe to restore the visitors’ lead against his old club.

Bogdan made another howler on 71 minutes when Lowe’s cross squirmed under his body but Patrick Ada was on hand to clear off the line.

It was then Brown’s turn to bury his head when the Bury number one could not hold John Brayford’s low drive and Zola pounced on the rebound to level matters.

Dawson’s piledriver rebounded back off the foot of the post with eight minutes left before the midfielder’s burst into the area was halted by a professional foul from Mat Mitchel-King, for which the defender saw red.

Dawson picked himself up to score from the spot to grab the points late on, though there was still time for Ada to receive his marching orders in injury time.

Bury: Brown 5, Buchanan 6, Creswell 6, Dawson 8, Baker 6 (Worrall 65, 6), Barry-Murphy 6, Jones 7, Lowe 7 (Racchi 71, 5), Sodje 6, Elliott 8, Newey 6. Subs not used: Futcher, Belford, Thompson, Patel. Referee: David Foster. Att: 3,534 (481 Bury fans).