MANAGERLESS Bury remain bottom of League One after suffering a 3-0 home defeat against Blackburn.

The Shakers also lost 3-0 at home to non-league Woking in the FA Cup in midweek and actually made a bright start in Saturday's Lancashire derby.

But Blackburn proved too strong as Marcus Antonsson's first-half brace was followed up by a 63rd-minute strike by Bradley Dack, sending Rovers back into the play-off places.

That means Bury have now lost five of their last six league games and they host leaders Shrewsbury on Tuesday night.

Despite the lowly league position and poor recent run, Bury fans turned out in their numbers, while a travelling contingent of 3,606 boosted the attendance up to 7,159.

Caretaker boss Ryan Lowe made four changes in a bid to give the home support something to cheer, and recalled forward Harry Bunn tested David Raya with a third-minute shot.

The Rovers keeper then parried a low strike by Chris Humphrey, with Greg Leigh firing wide from the rebound.

But Blackburn struck with their first attempt on 12 minutes. Lone striker Joe Nuttall laid off for Dack, whose ball behind Phil Edwards was perfect for Antonsson to run on to and fire high past Leo Fasan.

Antonsson turned a Dack knock-down just wide before Fasan rushed out to deny the Swedish forward.

The corner eventually fell for Nuttall, who hails from Bury and was making his first league start in English football, to fire over from close range.

The Shakers briefly rallied, with Humphrey sidefooting into the side-netting from a tight angle, but then the Shakers stood off on 37 minutes as Dack played a diagonal ball into the box for Antonsson to head home, with no-one having tracked his run in from the left.

Bury brought on Chris Maguire and Michael Smith either side of the break, switching to 4-4-2, and Maguire tested Raya with a free-kick and a dangerous cross.

But Dack was then allowed to run towards the Bury box unchallenged and he unleashed a 20-yard strike into the bottom corner.

Bunn went close to claiming a consolation from Eoghan O'Connell's cut-back but his tame shot was blocked, while Callum Reilly fired over from just outside the box.