RADCLIFFE slumped to a 4-0 defeat to Evo-Stik Premier side Nantwich Town in their penultimate pre-season game at the Neuven Stadium.

Danny Glover grabbed a hat-trick for the Dabbers with Craig Lindfield netting the fourth.

Jon Macken’s side played well for periods of the game but they could not find the back of the Nantwich net.

It took just a minute for the first Boro chance to come as Elliot Rokka fired a shot towards goal but Crewe loan keeper Will Jaaskelainen saved comfortably.

But Dave Cooke’s Nantwich dominated the opening exchanges despite the early Rokka chance. His strong side doing well to keep possession of the ball.

On 25 minutes Boro had a great chance to take the lead from the penalty spot as Ben Wharton was hacked down in the box.

Captain Kingsley Williams stepped up but Jaaskelainen saved smartly to his left-hand side.

Nantwich continued to pile the pressure on the hosts.

And it almost paid off 10 minutes before half time when Ollie Martin in the Radcliffe goal spilled a free kick. Fortunately for Martin, Lewis Lacy was on hand to clear.

Moments later another free kick was flicked in at the near post by Lindfield to give the Dabbers the lead.

Just four minutes into the second half Nantwich doubled their lead through Glover.

Another set-piece was not dealt with by Boro and the forward pounced to fire home.

Radcliffe grew into the game more in the second half as Callum Grogan and Tommy Lent entered the field.

Midfielder Rick Smith did well just before the hour mark produce a sharp shot on the turn but a block took the sting out of the effort and Jaaskelainen collected.

Glover then added his second on 67 minutes, his snapshot going high into Martin’s goal, giving the goalkeeper no chance.

And Boro’s day went from bad to worse 15 minutes from the end as Nantwich were awarded a penalty. Glover dispatched the spot-kick to complete his hat-trick.

Despite the scoreline Radcliffe still continued to press in search of some consolation.

Tunde Owolabi put his header narrowly wide after some good work from Shelton Payne on the wing.

Then Williams fired a powerful shot towards goal late on but it flew just wide of the goal.

In the final minute of the game Owolabi rounded the keeper but the retreating Nantwich defender did well to clear his finish before it could cross the line.

Against a strong Nantwich side it had been a tough afternoon for Boro, who will host Evo-Stik East Division Marske United this Saturday in their final warm-up match before they kick off their West Division season at Widnes on August 18.