RADCLIFFE crashed out of the Manchester Premier Cup at the hands of Mossley, who won their semi-final 3-2 at the Neuven Stadium on Tuesday.

Shelton Payne put Boro ahead before the Lilywhites answered with goals from Mike Fish, Max Leonard and Ben Halfacre before half time.

Tunde Owolabi netted for Jon Macken’s side early in the second period but it was not enough as Mossley progressed to the final.

The defeat means Boro are without a win in their last four games going into another busy period of the season.

It took 15 minutes for the two teams to settle into the game.

Leonard had the first effort for the visitors but his strike went wide of Ollie Martin’s goal.

Just three minutes later the deadlock was broken at the other end.

January’s player-of-the-month, Matty Crothers, played in a brilliantly-weighted pass to Payne and he calmly slotted into the bottom corner.

The lead only lasted six minutes, though, as Fish fired home for the Lilywhites to bring them back into it.

The visitors then took the lead three minutes later through Leonard, as he broke clear of the Boro defence, then rounded Martin and slotted into an empty net.

Their advantage was doubled just before half time. Halfacre perfectly curled a free kick around the wall and into the bottom corner to give Mossley a comfortable lead going into the break.

David Wild’s side were not done there and they started the second half strongly.

Andrew Keogh very nearly made it 4-1 five minutes after the restart, a smart save from Martin rescuing Radcliffe.

Macken’s side did find their way back into the game on 53 minutes, substitute Owolabi slotting under the goalkeeper after some great work on the turn from Ben Wharton.

Martin was then called into action once again, having to push away Keogh’s goalbound shot wide.

The home side continued to push forward for an equaliser late in the game but when substitute Rick Smith had the best opportunity he put his effort narrowly wide of goal and Boro’s fate was sealed.