FOUR points from two thrilling games have seen Ramsbottom keep up the pressure at the top of Evo-Stik West.

After Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Chasetown the Rams brought home all three points from Tuesday night’s trip to the Butchers Arms with a 3-2 win against Droylsden.

The encounter against the Bloods began positively for Rammy, who took a fifth-minute lead, Ruben Jerome’s threaded ball picking out Jamie Rainford, who had timed his run perfectly and confidently placed his finish past the onrushing keeper.

With the Rams unable to press home their advantage with a second goal early on, Droylsden began to get a foothold in the game. And when Oli Ford dispossessed Kelvin Lugsden and set off toward the goal the retreating defender tangled with Ford and was dismissed.

A few minutes later the hosts drew level. A strong run down the left by Liam Caddick opened up the rearguard and he found Ford in the penalty area for him to strike hard and low into the bottom corner.

Though Jamie Rother and Eddie Moran each tested Bloods keeper Chris Thompson the half ended 1-1.

Droylsden had the first clear chance of the second half, substitute Aaron Burgess clearing the stand, as well as the bar, from another Caddick cross.

But after surviving that scare, the 10 men of Rammy regained the lead through Rainford. Denied in a one-on-one with Thompson a few moments earlier, he reached a superb cross from Tom Kennedy and directed his header past the keeper.

That lead lasted until 15 minutes remained, as the Bloods’ leading scorer Sefton Gonzales tried his luck and his low effort somehow found its way past Sam Ashton and trickled into the back of the net.

The visitors responded confidently to that setback and a rasping effort from Nic Evangelinos was acrobatically tipped over his crossbar.

And with a minute of stoppage time to go, Rammy substitute Jason Carey drove towards goal before drilling his cross along the six-yard line where Evangelinos fizzed his finish first time past Thompson.

The goal sparked wild celebrations from the visitors and their away following and sent the Rams to five points behind leaders Atherton Collieries.

It was the second straight game Chris Willcock’s side ended with 10 men, Ryan Ellison having been red-carded in the weekend’s match at Chasetown.

A challenge from the right-back saw him immediately dismissed and Rammy fell behind soon after, a stumble from Ashton as he came out to collect a long ball allowed Tom Hill to put Chasetown ahead.

The visitors hit back just before half time, Iyrwah Gooden’s cross tapped in by Rainford.

Gooden played a large part in Rammy taking a 2-1 lead, being scythed down in the area, with Evangelinos slotting home the resulting penalty.

Some desperate defending by Ramsbottom, andf a string of fine saves by Ashton, seemed to have ensured they would take home all three points but Chasetown centre-back James Askey fired in an equaliser in the 90th minute.