BURY Broncos were party poopers on Friday as they ended Manchester Rangers' 12-month unbeaten home record.

The Broncos travelled to the Etihad Campus to play in front of a club record attendance of 358 and upset the hosts with a 35-14 win.

That made Bury the early leaders of Division Two in the North West Mens League after beating Leigh East A in their opening game.

Harry Coleman used his long reach to break the deadlock against Manchester with a 16th-minute try, which he converted.

Almost immediately Rangers hit back as Andy Taylor burst through a hole in the Bury line, with Jordan Green adding the extras.

Coleman edged the Broncos back in front with a drop goal and each side some fierce defence at the start of the second half, before Green kicked a penalty.

However, with 20 minutes remaining, Bury really moved through the gears and charged clear with three uncontested tries.

Liam Sixsmith capped off a great run with a try before Simon Palin and Adam Grundy also touched down, with Coleman converting two of those tries to give the Broncos a 23-8 lead.

Rangers hit back with Josh Hill scoring after an excellent run, Green adding the extras to make it 23-14.

However, straight from the restart, the Broncos dashed the home side's hope as fielded the kick off poorly, with Sean Thorley taking advantage to touch down.

Joe Wilkinson added the final try out wide late on but Bury coach Dave Kelly played down the Broncos' status as league pacesetters.

"The first 60 minutes were an arm wrestle, but our pack did well to win that. Rangers had no answer when we didn't roll over," Kelly said.

"It is important not to get too carried away with being top of an early league table, though, as this game will bring you down to earth with a bump if you do."

The Broncos' A team put in a much-improved performance to claim a 26-26 draw with Westhoughton Lions.

Two early tries put Westhoughton in front but the Broncos hit back with tries by Mark Brocklehurst and Matthew Fish giving them a 10-8 lead at half time.

The start of the second half saw Westhoughton score two quick tries to lead 20-10, before Andrew Willis got Bury back into it with a score of his own.

Westhoughton's full-back wrapped up his hat-trick shortly after, but the Broncos fought back to earn a share of the spoils as Brocklehurst and Fish again touched down.