BURY’s survival bid suffered what could be a decisive blow as Peterborough claimed a stoppage-time winner.

After having to settle for a 2-2 draw against Oldham on Saturday, the Shakers were pushing for a much-needed winner late on against Posh.

But the visitors went up the other end to win it through Jack Marriott and keep Bury 10 points adrift of safety with 10 games left.

Ryan Lowe made three changes and again saw the Shakers start brightly, with Jay O’Shea firing narrowly wide from the edge of the box.

But Posh soon settled and Jack Marriott had a shot blocked before firing too close to Connor Ripley.

George Miller then tested former Bury loanee Jonathan Bond before O’Shea’s free-kick was cleared as far as Neil Danns, who sliced a 25-yard strike well wide.

Good build-up play between Miller, O’Shea and Danny Mayor resulted in Danns having a shot blocked, with Harry Bunn firing the loose ball over.

Marcus Maddison fired a long-range free-kick over the Bury bar and Posh began to put some pressure on.

The ball fell to Marriott inside the Bury box and Clarke blocked his shot to prevent what looked a certain goal.

A corner was then cleared towards Leo Da Silva Lopes, who blazed over from long range, before Ripley made a fine save to keep out a Danny Lloyd shot.

The Shakers regrouped at the break and almost broke the deadlock three minutes after the restart as Greg Leigh crossed from the byline for Danns, whose close-range header was gathered by Bond at the second attempt.

Edwards replaced Jones at half-time and some good play between Bunn and Edwards culminated in Mayor firing just wide from the right side of the box.

Rohan Ince then played a one-two with his centre-midfield partner Danns to charge into the box, only to slice his shot wide from a tight angle.

Posh posed a threat on the break, though, with Marriott and Lloyd keen to run at the Bury defence, despite a sticky surface making it difficult for both sides to play it on the deck.

Leigh livened things up on 72 minutes, trying his luck from long range after O’Shea’s free-kick had been cleared, and the left-back’s 30-yard volley drifted just wide with Bond at full stretch.

Edwards then pressed a Posh defender in his own box, forcing a poor clearance that went straight to O’Shea, who unleashed a dipping shot from 20 yards that had Bond scrambling across goal to make the save.

Posh replied with Marriott firing wide while Miller hit a poor effort over and Clarke’s half-volley was well hit but straight at Bond.

Posh then stunned the home crowd as Edwards was caught in possession, allowing Maddison to play in Marriott, who kept his cool to chip Ripley and send Posh back into the play-off places.