Woodbank got the better of near neighbours Walshaw in the first round of the GMCL’s Derek Kay Cup.

The visitors were seven wicket-winners in a rain-affected game that came on the back of Saturday’s league programme being washed out.

Walshaw posted 153-5 batting first, Jack McClung top scoring with an unbeaten 49.

Will Turner then led the way in Woodbank’s reply that was reduced to 20 overs, making 62 from just 44 balls while Gavin Nicholl chipped in with 45.

Brooksbottom were also victorious, upsetting top tier Greenfield.

Making light of the two-division gap, Michael Rawlins took 6-22 as the visitors were all out for 121.

Brooksbottom then reached their revised target, finishing on 112-6 having been 47-5 and 72-6. Captain Oliver Hawley steadied the ship with an unbeaten 20.

Bury went down to a 13-run defeat at home to Monton in a game where DLS calculations again came into play.

Ben Chapman starred with an unbeaten ton for the visitors and Bury fell short of a twice-revised target of 184 in 35 overs, Dom Morris making 47.

Stand were bowled out for 87 in their defeat against Moorside, Imran Khan taking 5-12 as Chris Williams top scored with 21.

He then took 3-19 with the ball but couldn’t stop Moorside sealing a five-wicket victory.

Elsewhere in the Derek Kay Cup, Prestwich received a bye to round two.

In the Championship Cup, incomplete games saw sides have differing fortunes in bowl outs.

Elton lost out to Division One outfit Dukinfield but Edenfield hit the stumps more then Littleborough Lakeside.

One game that was completed did not take long, as Tottington St John’s were thrashed at Uppermill.

They were dismissed for just 37, Mark Lees taking a remarkable 7-4 from his 6.4 overs with David Roberts mopping up the rest of the innings with 3-33.

Uppermill then completed a 10-wicket win inside six overs.

Elsewhere, Jack Harrison scored Greenmount’s first Lancashire League century in defeat against Darwen in the Worsley Cup.

Harrison’s 146-ball 120 included 11 fours and three sixes and helped the visitors post 222-8.

It wasn’t enough however as Darwen’s sub professional Neil Hornbuckle guided his side into the second round, an unbeaten 99 seeing the holders to a four-wicket win.

A delayed reply due to the weather meant that Darwen were set a revised target of 197 which they achieved thanks to Hornbuckle and Mark Friend (47).

Matthew Senior took 4-31 off seven overs for Greenmount.

Ramsbottom also fell at the first hurdle as Walsden eased to a nine-wicket victory at Acre Bottom.

Batting first, Ramsbottom were bowled out for 133.

Brad Fielding top scored with 30 while Harry Caton scored 26. But only Kieren Grimshaw (15) and Jamie Pilling (14) troubled the scoreboard as professional Daryn Smit was bowled out for a duck by Stevie Barker.

Walsden were set a rain-reduced target of 131 and made light work of it and Josh Gale scored 63 while Jake Hooson made 39 not out to secure victory.

Saturday’s league programme was washed out.