RADCLIFFE have another home tie against Tamworth after beating Nuneaton Borough 2-0 to progress to round two of the FA Trophy for the first time since 2004 at the weekend.

Boro left it late to progress, though, with both Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro and Luca Navarro scoring inside the final 10 minutes on Saturday to set up the visit of Tamworth on November 27.

The first half began with Radcliffe on the front foot as they looked to carve the Nuneaton defence open from the get-go, however the away side stood firm in their approach.

Boro’s Preston-loanee Jack Baxter thought he had opened the scoring after 20 minutes, only to be denied an opener by the fingertips of visiting keeper Tony Breeden.

The best chance of the half for Radcliffe came in the dying moments when Chris Taylor could not make the most of a one-on-one opportunity.

Goalless at the interval, it did not take long for the visitors to have a chance of their own after the restart.

A mix up at the back for Radcliffe led to Cam Belford picking up the ball from a back-pass. Leroy Lita took the resulting free-kick inside the box but it could only reach Simon Lenighan who put his body on the line to throw himself at the ball to stop it.

Ten minutes later, Akpa-Akpro buried his head in his hands as he missed the best chance of the game to get himself on the scoresheet. Matty Crothers whipped a delightful ball into the 36-year-old at the back post who nodded towards the net but his effort was just wide.

Nuneaton substitute Carl Baker looked the difference maker when he came onto the pitch and he nearly scored a stunning goal but for an even better save by Belford.

That save became even more important just two minutes later as Radcliffe finally opened the scoring with a bit of magic by Akpa-Akpro as, on the turn, he picked the ball out of the air to take it down and strike into the bottom corner to claim his fourth goal of the season.

Radcliffe wrapped up the victory in style when substitute Navarro scored his second goal since his return to the club, wriggling past two Nuneaton players before shooting low into the bottom corner.