Sedgley Park continued their march towards promotion from National Two North with an emphatic 75-0 home win against Blaydon on Saturday to extend their winning run at the top of the table.

The Tigers ran in 11 tries, 10 of which were converted as they secured another bonus-point victory in a performance labelled ‘marvellous’ by coach Steve Hazzelby.

After a week denied by the weather, Hazzelby had his side well-prepared to face a team they had beaten convincingly on the road before Christmas.

But they had put in a good performance the week before against Fylde, narrowly losing in the final moments.

So Sedgley were taking nothing for granted and started strongly with a try for number eight Tom Ailes after a good line break by full-back Andy Riley. Steve Collins added the conversion to put the hosts 7-0 up within the first five minutes.

Their set-piece play was excellent with a solid scrums and accurate lineouts, and it was from a lineout 12 metres out that hooker Danny Maher touched down after a powerful catch-and-drive by the forwards. Collins added his second conversion to make it 14-0 inside 20 minutes.

Blaydon tried to play expansive rugby at every opportunity but the Tigers’ line speed and pressure in defence cancelled out any threat.

Their third score came from left winger Jamie Harrison, who touched down in the top left-hand corner.

This was followed very quickly with a fourth and bonus-point try for right winger Rhys Henderson after Blaydon had mishandled in their 22.

Then, just before half time, a great try for big second-row, Bob Birtwell, after a sharp line break by Collins made it 35-0 at the interval.

The bonus point secured, it was a massive uphill challenge for the visitors in the second half, which was just as intensive as the first with relentless pressure from the Tigers.

Henderson got his second try just two minutes in after an interception by Collins, who fed the winger to touch down under the posts.

Blaydon contributed to their own downfall as time after time they tried to play out from their own half instead of clearing their lines.

Another of their mistakes saw home captain Matt Riley crash over to before a second try for winger Harrison, who collected a kick 50 metres out to race through, beating four defenders.

This was followed 10 minutes later with a third score for Henderson, who came into the line to touch down in the bottom left corner. Centre Oli Glasse landed his second conversion and Blaydon were now 63-0 down with no way back.

Two more scores came in the last 10 minutes - one for Glasse and a fourth for Henderson to keep the hosts’ unbeaten run intact.

Hazzelby said: “It was a marvellous performance.

“Blaydon, to their credit, never gave up and tried to play at every opportunity but this was total domination from us.”

On Saturday, Sedgley travel to Sheffield Tigers in a rearranged fixture in what will be a stiffer test for the league leaders.