Goals from Brad Jackson, Josh Hancock and Gareth Evans gave Radcliffe all three points to see off play-off chasing Ilkeston 3-0 at home.

The first chance of the game went the way of the visitors, Zac Goodson broke away on the counter attack before dribbling into Mateusz Hewelt’s near post but his powerful, driven effort was saved by the legs of the keeper.

In the ninth minute, Kieran Fenton almost headed Ilkeston in front from a free-kick but his header was tipped over the bar by the Radcliffe shot stopper.

Moments later, Josh Hancock turned on the ball cutely before playing to skipper Jordan Hulme down the left-hand channel. The forward worked hard to beat his man and fashion a shot but the opposition defence did well to block the effort.

With 20 minutes on the clock, Radcliffe took the lead through Brad Jackson. The winger ran down the right, and with a delightful chipped effort he found the back of the net for his second goal of the season.

Radcliffe knocked on the door again in the 35th minute with a series of deflected efforts, the visitors continuing to defend well despite going behind.

On the cusp of the half-time whistle, in-form Hancock put Radcliffe 2-0 up, scoring his third of the week. Hulme’s tricky run from the right touchline ended with a back heel which set up the strike for his former Altrincham team-mate who picked out the far corner from 20 yards.

The second half began similarly to how the first ended, with pressure on the Ilkeston goal.

Radcliffe were controlling the game and looked the most likely to score again, but the hosts continued to try and get back into it.

Gareth Evans replaced Lois Maynard in the 56th minute for the Boro and he secured Radcliffe’s third goal of the afternoon in the 65th minute, taking Jackson’s pass in his stride before firing a bullet into the top left corner.

Ilkeston thought they were back in the contest as Alex Marshall headed past Hewelt, but the celebrations were cut short when the assistant’s flag was raised for offside.

The Robins’ attack came alive after a triple switch, beginning to threaten the Radcliffe goal on multiple occasions but their best effort managed to be hooked clear from underneath the bar by Luke Joyce, with a stellar piece of defending.

The contest fizzled out as Radcliffe looked to protect their first clean sheet of the month, having not shut out the opposition since leaving Atherton Collieries with a 4-0 victory a month earlier.

The win was secured and Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley’s side moved on to 30 points from a possible 33, extending Radcliffe’s advantage at the top of NPL Premier Division to six points.

Next up is a trip to Hurst Cross on Saturday to take on an in-form Ashton United team who are currently sat in the play-off places.