RADCLIFFE joint manager Anthony Johnson got his wish of ‘anyone apart from anybody in our league’ after they were drawn away to National League North side Farsley Celtic in second round of the FA Trophy.

Boro booked their place in the next round thanks to a 5-4 spot kick win after the tie finished 2-2 after 90 minutes.

The NPL Premier Division leaders were made to work hard for their victory against their league rivals two first half goals from Jamie Morgan put them in control before FC United stormed back in the second half to take the game to spot kicks thanks to goals from Max Cane and Michael Donohue - the second coming in the 87th minute.

While Johnson admitted his side looked ‘leggy’ in the second half, he was full of praise for his players for getting the job done in the shoot-out - with keeper Mateusz Hewelt proving to be their hero, making a decisive save from Charlie Oliver’s spot-kick.

Boro had converted all four of their penalties prior to Oliver’s miss, meaning captain Nicky Adams had the task of stepping up and cooly converting the match-winning spot kick.

When asked who he wanted in the next round, Johnson told the club website: “Anyone apart from anybody in our league!

“I am not bothered. The FA Trophy is a wonderful competition, we have had a couple of decent runs in it in the past, actually one with Spennymoor when we beat Radcliffe in our first game a couple of years back.

“If you can get in to the right type of draw and get to Christmas and New Year and still be in it, it really opens up then. You are looking to get in to the last 16, last eight .

“We just want some excitement, the home draw would be nice but we know we are decent on the road as well but really looking forward to the next round.”

Looking back on the tie, Johnson said: “I thought we were fantastic in the first half, as good as we’ve been.

“We handled the ball really well. The pitch was tough, I’d go as far as saying it’s the smallest pitch we’ve ever played on at this level of football, in terms of compactness and narrowness.

“I thought it might take us a bit more time to get used to, but it didn’t. We started really well and it could’ve been three or four-nil at half-time.

“In the second half we looked leggy. If you think about the last week, we’ve played three games - two of them away and one with 10 men against a good side. It caught up with us a little bit.

“We’re down to the bare bones at this moment in time. It’s not a moan - we’re still playing well and the lads are doing what we’ve asked.

“I must caveat that by saying FC United really upped the tempo in the last 30 minutes and were banging our door down without really creating anything.

“We dropped a bit deeper and they were on a front foot, they played it as a cup game and committed bodies forward.

“You’ve always got a chance with Matt in goal and the quality of players that we’ve got taking penalties.”

Second round ties will take place on Saturday, November 18, with winners receiving £3,750 and losers £1,000.

* A much-changed Radcliffe side were beaten 4-3 by Chadderton in the Frank Hannah Manchester Premier Cup at the Neuven Stadium on Tuesday night.

Chadderton’s early lead was cancelled out by Ewan Bange before Anthony Dudley put Boro ahead with a scissor kick volley.

But the visitors scored twice to lead 3-2 at the break.

Dudley’s second goal soon after the restart made it 3-3 but Chadderton sealed victory with a late winner.