Three goals from an in-form Jude Oyibo, and one from Anthony Dudley ensured Radcliffe’s progression into the third round of the FA Trophy for the second time in three years, as Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley’s men swept aside National League North outfit Farsley Celtic 4-2 at The Citadel, writes Kieran Wilson.

Boro will now host Redditch United in the third round of the competition.

After Oyibo’s goal beat the ‘keeper via a short corner, the home side were quick to bring the game to level terms when Ben Atkinson scored from the spot, following a challenge on him by Rick Smith which resulted in the referee rewarding a penalty.

Most of the first half went the way of the Boro and Dudley was able to restore the lead on the half-hour mark. His tenth of the season in all competitions was fired through a group of bodies before hitting the back of the net with force.

An excellent half was topped off in the 42nd minute as Oyibo got his second of the afternoon, a quick one-two with Scott Duxbury was neatly finished off into the bottom corner.

Chances in the second half were few and far between, but a late tap in from former Radcliffe man Jordan Carroll gave Farsley an opportunity to force the tie to penalties. However, Oyibo would prevent that scenario, as the winger was jogging on the spot to tap in the rebound from Luca Navarro’s shot that cannoned off the bar in the closing stages.

Two changes were made to the team that started in Tuesday night’s victory away at Morpeth Town, Anthony Dudley and Scott Duxbury both entered the XI in place of Jamie Morgan and Jake Thompson, who missed out through injury.

Inside the opening ten minutes, Jordan Hulme managed to win a free kick in a dangerous area around 25 yards from goal. Perfect for a trademark Nicky Adams delivery but Rick Smith’s flicked header went well wide of the far post.

Radcliffe took the lead after 11 minutes, Adams played a short corner into Oyibo, who dribbled to a central position before he unleashed a shot that beat ‘keeper Harry Allen, taking a deflection on its travels to open the afternoon’s scoring.

On Farsley’s first foray into the Radcliffe half, they won a penalty as Rick Smith ended up on the wrong side of his man, resulting in him being booked for his troubles. From the spot, Atkinson made no mistake as he blasted the ball straight down the middle out of the reach of Mateusz Hewelt who dived to his right.

On 24 minutes, Scott Duxbury picked out the curved run of Jordan Hulme beyond the last defender, but Isaac Assenso recovered well by forcing the striker out wide to pick out a man in the middle and prevented a shooting opportunity.

Moments later, a clever build-up on halfway led to Hancock feeding into the path of Dudley. His first shot was saved by the legs of Allen, and at the second bite of the cherry the ‘keeper did an excellent job to get back up and block the effort.

Two corner kicks followed and Radcliffe took full advantage on this occasion; taking the lead again from the second. The home side had failed to clear their lines and Smith found space at back stick to head back into the middle, where Dudley was waiting to fire the ball through a crowd and into the back of the net.

Late in the first half, Farsley attempted to fashion a shot inside the box as the goalscorer Ben Atkinson found space, but Christopher Atkinson over hit the pass and any sense of danger faded from the attack.

In the 42nd minute, Radcliffe added to their lead with a third first-half goal. Oyibo drove into the opposition half and found Duxbury who played it right back into the winger’s path, meeting the exchanged pass and placing an accurate shot beyond Allen.

Farsley were keen to threaten instantly as the second 45 minutes kicked off, but Dylan Youmbi’s riffled shot was well saved by a strong hand and the follow-up was cleared away from danger by Smith.

Radcliffe almost found the net twice in quick succession, the first a whipped ball from Hulme into the middle which bounced beyond the reach of Oyibo at the far post. Moments later, Dudley went closer, as he rolled the ball past the goalkeeper but it trickled just wide of the target.

Both sides had spells of possession in the second half but after the fast start neither created a real threat in the final third. Radcliffe went closest to scoring first in the second half as Oyibo almost completed his hattrick, he shuffled the ball onto his right foot and his following attempt struck the bar and bounced over.

Late into the ninety, Farsley broke down the left-hand side through Youmbi before squaring the ball across a dangerous area into Carroll, who turned home into the net from close range to give the home side life in the contest.

Any chance of a late comeback for the hosts was snuffed out deep into added time, with a fourth Radcliffe goal putting the nail in the Farsley coffin. Luca Navarro’s initial effort was tipped onto the bar by Harry Allen, and Jude Oyibo helped himself to his third of the game by poking into an empty net on the rebound, scoring a first-ever treble of his career.

Boro are back in league action tonight when they host Whitby Town at the Neuven Stadium.