Sedgley Park cemented their fourth spot in National League One with an impressive 43-19 triumph at Cinderford on Saturday.

It was a hard-fought victory in Gloucestershire against the Forest of Dean side they had faced eight times previously with honours even.

And coach Steve Hazzelby said there were some fine individual displays, not least from Newcastle Falcons loanee flanker Oli Leatherbarrow.

Hazzelby said: "We anticipated a physical, hard battle against a team who had in recent weeks defeated top team Plymouth.

"In the end, it was a well-deserved five-point win after an excellent performance from the team.

"It keeps us in fourth place just two points behind second and third and six behind leaders Rams.

"Flanker Lewis Bradley was awarded man-of-the-match again for his monumental efforts, but special mention for prop Ozzie Downham, who was making his first start, Matt Law, in his debut at full-back, and flanker Oli Leatherbarrow on loan from Newcastle Falcons.

"All played really well, especially Oli who time and again drove through the home defences and tackled like a demon."

The visiting Tigers started strongly, varying the play between forwards and backs and it was only two minutes into the game that centre Nathan Pope made a lovely line break and offloaded to number eight, Tom Ailes, who went over to score. Warren Seals added the conversion and Sedgley tested the home team's defences at every opportunity.

Their set-piece was excellent with accurate lineouts and a solid scrum, but Cinderford hit back with a well-worked try after a powerful drive from their forwards to level the scores on 13 minutes.

However, another good passage of interplay by the Tigers saw the ball moved wide right for winger Rhys Henderson to score their second.

Again, Cinderford hit back four minutes later after another drive by their big forwards to take the lead 14-12 going into the last 10 minutes of the half.

The Tigers kept their composure and discipline to retake the lead just before the break with a well-worked catch-and-drive try for hooker Ad am Mallinson, and Seals added the conversion to make it 19-14 at the break.

The only down side for Tigers was seeing winger Alex Wills given a red card for alleged foul play which meant they would have to play the rest of the game with 14.

The second half started with a fourth and bonus-point try for centre Oli Glasse after a sharp line break by Seals in the 50th minute and he added the conversion.

Big second row Bob Birtwell drove over from a lineout deep in the hosts' 22 to extend the Tigers lead to 33-14 with 20 minutes to go.

A penalty by Seals and a sixth try for replacement hooker Harry Thompson proved to strong for the home team.

They did manage to get a third try after good support running by their forwards but Tigers held on for a good win ahead of Saturday's home game against Blackheath.