Heys rediscovered their goal scoring spark to secure a 4-2 win at Ramsbottom United to bolster their promotion push, on Tuesday night.

After a five game winless run in which goals were hard to come by, Heys followed up Saturday’s morale boosting victory at Glossop with a slick and richly deserved victory here.

They sprang out of the traps quickly and took the lead in the 4th minute as a cross from the left by Gabriel Mooney-Munoz picked out Rio Wilson-Heyes who slotted home from close range.

Both teams looked to gain the initiative but there was an edge to Heys attacking play and they were rewarded with a second goal on the half hour. A slick one-two between a revitalised Wilson-Heyes and Dylan Fitzgerald saw the latter make no mistake with a firm finish.

However, within a minute Rammy pulled a goal back as they worked the ball down the right before a cross picked out Harvey Hayhurst to slot home.

Mooney-Munoz had a shot blocked shortly after but it was the home side who ended the half in more enterprising fashion to leave the game in the balance.

Heys came out strongly on the restart and Wilson-Heyes had a shot blocked before then playing a part in a third goal for the visitors in the 65th minute. After receiving a pass from

Mooney-Munoz, Wilson-Heyes saw a cross deflected into the path of Fitzgerald whose shot was blocked to spark a goalmouth scramble in which Nathan Emery popped up

to stab home.

Although Rammy looked to get back into the game there was an air of confidence in Heys play and they added a fourth goal in the 78th minute when Matt Davies found space to fire home his 20th goal of the season.

The home side’s endeavour was rewarded in the 81st minute when Oscar Lucas pulled one back with a header but it was too little to late deny Heys victory.

Heys host fellow promotion chasers Wythenshawe Town on Saturday (3pm) in the first of three home games in a week.  Longridge Town visit next Tuesday  (21st) before Charnock Richard provide the opposition next Thursday (23rd), both 7.45pm.