Ramsbottom United’s winless streak continued with back-to-back 2-1 away defeats inside four days.

On Saturday they had their first ever flight to an away match at Isle of Man.

The home side’s first meaningful attack after 19 minutes saw them take the lead against the run of play.

A long ball over the top of the Rams’ defence from Eoghain Sharrard fell into the path of Sean Doyle who had the simple task of prodding the ball home from three yards.

Seven minutes later, the hosts doubled their advantage when the ball broke kindly to Charlie Higgins on the right-hand corner of the penalty box, and he fired an unstoppable volley into the far corner.

From a comfortable position, the Rams now found themselves facing a mountain to climb.

As if to confirm the lack of luck the team are enduring at the moment, a ball played through to Oumar Camara, saw the striker aim for goal, and with the ball about to cross the line, IoM defender Philip Kelly’s last-ditch lunge managed to scoop the ball away with the visitors appealing to the referee’s assistant that it had gone over the line.

Kelly again proved to be the spoiler six minutes after the interval when he again cleared off the line, this time from from Henri Ogunby, and then Chingwaro wasted a good chance on the hour mark.

However, just three minutes later, he made amends when his free-kick from the left found Oscar Radcliffe who poked it home from close range but Isle of Man held out for a victory.

On Tuesday night at Chadderton, goalmouth action was limited but the visitors twice came close with Chingwaro and Matty Birchall inches away from the target.

At the other end, a mazy run from Tyler Berry ended with a cross-shot that sailed just wide of Chris Thompson’s left-hand post.

The deadlock was broken in the 40th minute, when some clever shuffling down the right-hand side saw a low ball played into the box, and the unmarked Connor J Hughes was on hand to net from close range at the far post.

As the wintry weather continued during the second half, the Rams finally clinched an equaliser on 66 minutes.

Chingwaro was bundled over 10 yards outside the box, before dusting himself down and firing home an inch-perfect free-kick inside the keeper’s unmarked post.

But the home side were ahead again seven minutes later when Hughes' wide free-kick from 50 yards was caught in the swirling wind and sailed into the top corner.

The Rams continue to look to turn the match around again, with Chingwaro particularly looking dangerous as he planted cross after cross into the box, but none of his team-mates was able to make a telling touch and despite their best efforts, the Rams fell to another frustrating defeat.

It was another head-shaking night for manager Steve Wilkes who said: “Once again we suffered a narrow defeat after creating the better chances and our keeper making one save all night.

“Chadderton’s second goal just sums up things at the moment, a freak goal, ably assisted by the wind.

“We fully matched a team going for the play-offs and created the better chances in the second half.

“We have to dust ourselves down and get ready for another important game at West Didsbury on Friday.”