It was a double defeat for Prestwich Heys as they stepped up their pre-season preparations.

First Matt Barnes’ men were edged out 4-3 by Silsden in a seven-goal thriller at Adie Moran Park on Saturday,

Then on Tuesday night, Heys suffered a disappointing 3-1 home defeat at the hands of Turton.

Barnes’ men never really got going against the West Lancashire League Premier Division side who took the lead in only the third minute.

Heys failed to threaten the Turton goal in the first half and conceded a second goal in the 30th minute.

Whatever was said at half-time appeared to have a galvanising effect on Heys and within two minutes of the restart Jacob Holt rose to head home from a corner.

However, hopes of a comeback were squashed on the hour as the visitors added a third.

Niall Sultan and Mark Strong both tested the keeper as Heys looked to hit back but Turton were able to see the game out for a deserved win.

The weekend’s outing had been played at a great intensity with the game sprinkled with fine goals and flowing football.

Ultimately, the game was decided by the performance of Silsden striker Antony Brown, the standout player on the field notching a hat-trick that helped his side come from 3-1 down to gain victory.

Bury Times:

Heys had struck the first blow of the afternoon as they took the lead in the 14th minute.

A surging run down the left wing by Jamie Hill, saw the winger leave his marker trailing before he delivered a low cross that the incoming Joe Rothwell rifled home from 12 yards.

The lead was to prove shortlived as five minutes later the visitors levelled as Brown skipped a

couple of challenges in the box before curling a shot past Russell Saunders.

The North East Counties Premier Division side threatened to take a grip on things but Heys remained a threat and in the 38th minute they broke to restore their lead as Reece Lyndon worked the ball from the left to Jack Coop who hammered a shot into the top-right corner from 20 yards.

Lyndon had replaced James Dwyer only moments earlier, the latter suffering from a heavy challenge and his impact was added to in the 44th minute as he rifled Heys into a 3-1 lead.

However, from the restart Silsden hit back, Shazad playing in Brown who delivered a clinical finish to end a breathless 45 minutes.

Silsden opened the second half strongly and within five minutes were level. Some loose play at the back-saw Brown seize possession and fire a shot past Saunders to compete his hat-trick.

Adrian Bellamy went close with a header for Heys shortly after Coop had seen a shot pushed to safety, but the impetus was with the visitors and on the hour their comeback was complete.

Heys were again guilty of some slack play in their own half and this time were punished by Lewis Brown who let fly from 20 yards with a shot that nestled sweetly in the top corner.

Heys, also beaten 3-2 at Elton Vale last Thursday night. welcome North West Counties League Premier Division side Padiham to Adie Moran Park this Saturday, the game behind closed doors.