A fourth teenager has been arrested in connection with a triple stabbing near Bury Market.

Officers from Greater Manchester Police’s (GMP) Bury district made an arrest yesterday night, Tuesday, in relation to an incident that took place in the town centre at around 12pm on Monday.

A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and has since been bailed.

This is the fourth arrest in relation to a stabbing that took place in the town centre which left three males with injuries that were not life-threatening.

A 17-year-old boy and a 16-year-old male who were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder, they have both been released with strict bail conditions.

Another 17-year-old boy who was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and has been released with no further action.

A Section 60 was put in place on Monday which will remains in place until 6.30pm today, Wednesday, and covers areas of the town centre to help prevent further incidents.

Officers will be able to stop and search anyone without suspicion in these areas during this time in response to an incident in the town centre.

Additional patrols will be across the town in the coming days and anyone with concerns or information about the incident is asked to approach officers out on patrol or contact police on 101 or 999 in emergencies.

Detective Chief Inspector Tom Willis from GMP’s Bury district said: “We understand incidents of this nature will be concerning to members of the community, and we are committed to bringing those responsible to justice.

“We have made four arrests and are doing everything we can to get to the bottom of what happened.

"Additional officers have been deployed around the area to support the community and I encourage members of the public to know that they can approach and talk to them.

“I would like to thank the community for their help and patience so far. We aim to always deliver outstanding public service and build public trust and confidence in Greater Manchester Police, and we hope the work we have done so far underlines those aims.”

Greater Manchester Police are still appealing to anyone with information about this incident to make a report to police.

This includes anyone who may have relevant footage including CCTV, mobile, Ring doorbell or dashcam. You can make a report by calling 101, quoting 1338 of 11/03/2024.

Alternatively, you can make a report anonymously by calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.